Real estate is a hot topic right now, and who better to talk about the subject than BiggerPockets founder Joshua Dorkin and BiggerPockets Real Estate Investing Podcast Host Brandon Turner?
No one, that’s who.
So we went to these experts, and grabbed some excellent real estate advice. We get a brief history of their experiences with money and chat about their new book, How to Invest In Real Estate. Buy the book at www.biggerpockets.com/investinre
This fun episode also includes tips for managing your money while you save for your first investment, Josh’s inverted funnel analogy and Brandon’s Harry Potter references.
Thinking about adding real estate investing into your portfolio? This episode will educate and inspire.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
For the small business owner who is looking to expand their business in the pursuit of financial independence, hiring can be a daunting task. Thankfully LinkedIn is here to help and get you on the path to FI! That’s why you should use LinkedIn to find your next hire, grow your business, and hit that FI number! Most LinkedIn members have not recently visited the top job boards, but 9 out of 10 members are open to new opportunities. That’s why a new hire is made every 10 seconds using LinkedIn. BiggerPockets even uses LinkedIn as part of our hiring strategy!
Hurry to linkedin.com/bp and get $50 off your first job post.
The all-new FreshBooks is accounting software that makes running your small business easy, fast and secure. Spend less time on accounting and more time doing the work you love.
For a 30-day unrestricted trial, go to FreshBooks.com/bpmoney
In This Episode We Cover:
- On Josh’s money story revolving around entrepreneurship
- On saving money for a bigger toy
- Investing in stocks before college and saving 6 figures by college graduation
- How BiggerPockets was born
- Brandon’s money journey
- Three lessons his parents taught him
- How he got into real estate
- Reason they love real estate
- Four wealth generators of real estate: cashflow, appreciation, tax benefits, and loan paydown
- How loan paydown works
- Three options when living in an expensive city
- Their opinion on the current state of the market
- Biggest mistake people make with their finances
- The reason people live paycheck to paycheck
- Best practices for saving money
- Their opinion on house hacking
- The main thing about their book
- Why people are scared to invest in real estate
- On advocating financial education
- Two different approaches to real estate
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- “For me, money has always been a means to an end. I’ve always saved more than I spent.” (Tweet This!)
- “You can replace the cash needed with creativity.” (Tweet This!)
- “There’s not any single one way to build wealth using real estate.” (Tweet This!)
- “Life is not a race.” (Tweet This!)
- “Stop worrying about everybody else, and worry about yourself.” (Tweet This!)
- “Life doesn’t get better by chance, it gets better by change.” (Tweet This!)
- “You are the average of the five people you associate the most. (Tweet This!)